Reading Heart Book Sort
Monday, May 25 from 9am-12pm
4545 N Palm Ave Fresno, CA 93704
Early Childhood Literacy
7 of 10 total
Group Status: Done
We will be sorting books for Reading Heart! These books will get distributed at Food Distributions, Little Free Libraries and other locations during COVID-19. Reading Heart is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) book donation program dedicated to serving children in hospitals and children in areas with limited access to books.
- As with other settings, ensure that social distancing of six feet per person for nonfamily members is maintained and make clear that family members can participate in activities together, stand in line together, etc.
- Social distancing of six feet per person, particularly between individuals who have come together on a one-time or rare basis.
- Limiting the number of customers at any given time as necessary to reduce outdoor/indoor crowding and lines to meet social distancing guidance.
- Increase cleaning and sanitizing frequency of restroom and other high contact areas.
- Train employees on best hygiene practices including washing their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Additional opportunities throughout the venue for persons to reduce the spread of the virus through hand washing or sanitizing stations.
- Eliminate events/marketing that target individuals that CDPH has identified as higher risk of serious illness for COVID-19.
- Stores that have online ordering with outside pick-up or delivery options should encourage use of these when possible in lieu of indoor shopping.