Sort Books for Kids
Till COVID-19 Is Over
We are sorting books for Reading Heart! These books will get distributed at Food Distributions, Little Free Libraries, to supply organizations with a "library" for people to use, as gifts to kids who have had birthdays during the school shutdowns, and other locations during COVID-19. Reading Heart is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) book donation program dedicated to serving children in hospitals and children in areas with limited access to books.
Deliver books to kids whose birthday is during the school closure.
- As with other settings, ensure that social distancing of six feet per person for nonfamily members is maintained and make clear that family members can participate in activities together, stand in line together, etc.
- Social distancing of six feet per person, particularly between individuals who have come together on a one-time or rare basis.
- Limiting the number of customers at any given time as necessary to reduce outdoor/indoor crowding and lines to meet social distancing guidance.
- Increase cleaning and sanitizing frequency of restroom and other high contact areas.
- Train employees on best hygiene practices including washing their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Additional opportunities throughout the venue for persons to reduce the spread of the virus through hand washing or sanitizing stations.
- Eliminate events/marketing that target individuals that CDPH has identified as higher risk of serious illness for COVID-19.
- Stores that have online ordering with outside pick-up or delivery options should encourage use of these when possible in lieu of indoor shopping.