Flexible start dates
33 of 70 total
Because Poverello House provides 1,200 to 1,400 meals a day, much of the volunteer activity is centered in the kitchen. However, there are also other activities that many volunteers do. The following is a partial list of volunteer service activities available at Poverello House:
- Serve meals to the homeless at breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Help with food preparation, such as cutting meat and vegetables
- Put together bag dinners on the weekends
- Help clean the kitchen and dining room
- Gardening: weeding, pruning and planting
- Warehouse work: mainly sorting clothes and canned food donations
- Assist with games, chores and classes at Naomi’s House (on a case by case basis)
- Special projects as needed, such as painting, minor construction or clean-up of neglected areas
We welcome all volunteers ages 7 and up; however, all volunteers 17 and younger must be accompanied by an adult parent/guardian at all times.
Keep in mind that our dress code does not permit any shorts, tank tops, sleeveless shirts or flip flop sandals. We prefer our volunteers to come in jeans, a t-shirt and closed-toed shoes, such as sneakers.
REQUIRED HOURS AND FREQUENCY:
Flexible to each individual
37 Spots Available