Fresno Pacific University/CCT Faith and Finance Facilitator Certification
Certify Leaders in Your Church or ministry to:
- Create a concrete financial education ministry plan tailored to your unique setting
- Walk with low-income folks in practical, effective ways
- Address challenges facing financially vulnerable adults
- Apply the relational framework of poverty alleviation described in When Helping Hurts.
The training consists of two parts:
Weekly online sessions starting Monday, May 9, 2016
A two-day live event in Fresno, California Friday and Saturday, June 10 - 11, 2016
The CCT will underwrite 2/3 of the cost.
Register for training at https://cct-faith-finance.eventbrite.com Use code cctfresno for discounted price.
$5000 Grant Opportunity The Kern Family Foundation has created a scholarship opportunity for US churches that are interested in launching Faith & Finances, but lack the necessary financial resources.
Chalmers can now refer church leaders to apply for a Knowledge-Building Grant under Kern’s “Made to Flourish” initiative. The grant can cover both training and implementation costs of Faith & Finances. Interested churches can request up to $5000 to cover the Faith & Finances training fee, travel to the live portion of the training, additional church-wide education and mobilization, and other costs of implementing the ministry.
- Be a pastor or pastoral staff member (though they can send another person to the facilitator training)
- See Faith & Finances as an integral part of their church’s larger ministry and learning efforts
- Implement Faith & Finances within six to twelve months after applying
- Report back to Kern after the grant cycle is completed.
To express your interest in this opportunity and to learn further information, go to https://www.chalmers.org/news/entry/faith-finances-scholarship-opportunity
For questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 453.2367